Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dec. 9th

December 9th: It's been one month!  I can't believe it's been one month. It has gone by fast and slow, all at the same time. I am constantly learning and trying to keep my eyes open for this strange path that God has me on. I was in the shower this morning and You Make Me Brave by Amanda Cook & Bethel Music came on Pandora, and it got me thinking about the first time I heard this song. It was during our first trip to Houston. Emily, my sweet sister-in-law, convinced me to leave and go to a friends house to take a long bath and relax. I was having so much trouble understanding what and why this was happening, but trying to stay positive. I thought David couldn't be without me for a second, so it was hard letting someone else stay with him, but I left. I remembering soaking in the tube, reading my Bible app, searching for the right answers and ways to stay calm and be strong. I finally felt better, and started to enjoy my short visit with my new friends. I stayed for a couple of hours, but couldn't take it any longer. As I headed back to the hospital, this song came on the radio, You Make Me Brave.  As I listened to the words, I was finally feeling the peace I was needing. He was making David brave. He was giving him the strength and the courage to fight with such grace and positive attitude.  I started paying attention half-way through and heard these words first:



You make me brave

You make me brave

No fear can hinder now 

The love that made a way



My thoughts: Oh, God you are here!  You are making David and I brave! This is not a normal situation and you've given it to us for a reason. I kept listening. 



You make me brave

You make me brave

You called me out beyond the shore

Into the waves



More thoughts: You called us out. Why us?  We are just average people who want to just be married and have children and live this normal life, but I knew there's nothing normal about my husband, nothing at all. So I want to be brave, too. I can do this with him. The song kept going. 



You make me brave

You make me brave

No fear can hinder now 

The promises You've made



As Your love

In wave after wave

Crashes over me, crashes over me

For You are for us 

You are not against us

Champion of Heaven

You've made a way 

For all to enter in



I got back to the hospital and shared this with David. The Champion of Heaven was on our side. We knew then that trusting God was the only way!  So now I have to do the same. We all have to do the same. I wear my prayers for Waldron bracelet everyday. Not only as a reminder of David and our journey, but a reminder to pray for those impacted by David and our journey. We all have a little David Waldron in us. Whether from knowing him or following us. He taught all of us to be brave. God used him to show us how to be brave. Days are hard, but his love and devotions to all of us "Waldron's" is encouragement that we will all be okay one day. Cheers to you David Waldron!  Let's all try to Be Dave Brave!  

2 comments:

  1. You are such a blessing and an inspiration! Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be all be Dave brave. This song played on the way to work this morning which lead me to think of you and say a prayer. May you continue to be brave. HE has something amazing in store.

    ReplyDelete